Spring is one of the most exciting times of year in Real Estate. It is common for activity in the market to increase during this time of year for both home buyers and sellers. It looks as if there were many buyers who also were ahead of the game last month by listing their homes early or buying before the rush.
The numbers are in from The Realtors Association of Edmonton for March 2017 . Looking over the month of March the numbers are great regarding Real Esate in the Edmonton and surrounding areas. The average selling prices of all residential, single family, duplexes and condos has seen an increase in price since last month.
Here is recap of the Edmonton and area Real Estate Statistics for March 2017:
- Residential average house prices at $371,680 saw decrease of 1.36% from last years price at this time and an increase of 3.13% in price from last month.
- The average price of a condo at $242,632 saw a decrease in price from March 2016 to this year of 3.11% and an increase of 3.86% from last month.
- The average days on the market for all residential properties has seen an increase from 2016.
- When it comes to new listings there is no surprise that the amount has increased 26.70% from last month and the residential inventory has seen an increase of 13.02% from last month as well.
- The residential inventory has seen a decrease however, in homes of 8.1% from this time last year.
- The amount of homes sold in Edmonton has increased 31.84% from last month, and when it comes to year to date sales there is already an increase of 11.59% from last years numbers.
It is great to see the Edmonton Real Estate Market moving along positivly in the last month. This may be the time that you are considering buying a new home or listing your current property. Contact me if you have any questions or want to learn more. I make myself available at all times, just call or text 780-266-OWEN (6936).